It’s all in your head.



We are gods, do you know that? We have the ability to create and destroy anything in our heads. We possess this gift to such an extent that we are able to give intricate details to our creations and there could also be a story behind its creation and its eventual destruction. This queer and powerful ability is a gift which I’d like to call as imagination. I know, it’s already called as that.

That paragraph was just a demonstration of the limited imagination I possess, because I can imagine a person with better control over the language and having more creativity could present it even better. You see? I just did it again. I used my imagination to point out how often we use our imagination for thinking out things.

As I see, imagination is just an extension of thinking. Thinking often consists of imagination, for example, even before taking any kind of decision, you’d imagine the repercussions of the decision and even analyse the reason behind that particular decision.

I can imagine, that you are already imagining why are you reading this and how it might be useful to you. Yes, maybe I’m right about this prediction or it could be just my imagination.

No organism on this planet possesses our level of imagination, if other animals had this level of imagination, they’d have overthrown us by now already. Again, this is my imagination, you could be imagining something else, like a cute dog possessing human level intellect. Again, the dog thing was my imagination. I think, this is getting repetitive, but I’m just pointing out the extent of thinking we humans have. This ability truly makes us mentally superior over billions of other life forms present on this planet.

Our imagination has led us here, we no longer need to hunt and no longer need to live in caves and even no longer need to be scared of predators like lions and tigers unless you’re in a jungle, unarmed. Thinking and acting upon it has led us to advance and develop into what we are now.

But just think for one second.

We developed languages to communicate. We assigned meanings to the specific sounds and we call them words. Now there are millions of languages around the world, don’t you think each of them developed on some basis of imagination. One word has different meanings in different languages, because each imagine the word to be different in their language. Leave languages aside, what’s truly that word? What is it exactly without the language? isn’t it just a sound which was assigned meaning for convenience.

We have a vague idea about the history of the universe through various theories proposed by learned people, who proposed them based on various assumptions, we come to accept them based on the scientific accuracy of those theories. All these were just imaginations based on science.

Science was developed on the basis of hypothesises and observations, just because the man could imagine things and those things turned out to be right.

But as I see, imagination of us humans are very limited.

We have been able to look beyond our planet, our solar system and our galaxy too. We surely know that the universe is vast, so vast that we possible can’t imagine. See? This is where our imagination ends.

We’ve been able to perceive this universe in a way which is comfortable to us.

We see the stars in the sky and we know, they are just like our sun in some other system out there.

But what if they are more than that? Just think of our sun, we say the energy being produced by the sun is the fusion of hydrogen atoms. But, why are they fusing? To attain the noble gas configuration, you may say. But why is this universe so much directed towards attaining stability, what does this stability give?

Why is everything the way we think? What if all this is really something more than we could possibly imagine?

Many of the writers have already established this idea, in the form of parallel earths, multiverses and so much more. But all these ideas are just limited to the things we’ve heard or seen or felt. What if there are things out there, which can’t be just perceived by our brain.

Let me state you an example.

All of us had different theories about Bermuda triangles. Some said extra-terrestrials, some said magnetic fields and many others said it’s all a conspiracy.

But, all these theories had ideas which we had seen are just based on our limited imagination.

Even the concept of aliens, yeah, we’ve coined them a word based on our imagination and linguistic meaning.

I am a believer, by the way.

Now, just try to imagine an extra-terrestrial being. Something really new {not E.T preferably}.

All the depictions and portrayals of aliens in media are just based on our limited imagination. What if they are something entirely different, can’t be even said different, they are something which can’t be described.

If you’ve formed an image by now, that’s how far you can imagine. I’m just saying, there’s a boundary, beyond which we aren’t able to imagine. Just like our idea of everything in this universe, which is all just based on imagination. What if the universe is just an imagination? Before you throw facts at me, I’d like to say that’s my imagination.

Lastly, can you imagine a colour which you haven’t seen at all? I think that sums up my idea here.

Anyway, this piece is just a representation of my imagination in words to present the idea of how our imagination works, maybe you’ve a better idea about this or it could be just my imagination, just like these words?




Comments

Popular Posts